Just in case you havent eaten enough chocolate this easter, here is our recipe for… Easter Chocolate Cake!
- 100g Butter, Softened
- 50g Cocoa Powder
- 90ml Boiling Water
- 3 large eggs
- 4 Tbsp Milk
- 175g Self Raising Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 300g Golden Caster Sugar
- 125g Butter
- 250g Icing Sugar
- 3 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 60g Dark Chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
Grease 2x 20cm round sandwich tins
- Measure the cocoa and boiling water into a large bowl and mix to a paste
- Add the remaining cake ingredients and beat again until combined.
- Divide the mixture between the two prepared tins. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until the sponges are well risen and shrinking away from the sides of the tin. Turn them out onto a cooling rack and leave to cool completely.
- For the icing, melt the chocolate and set aside to cool slightly.
- Sieve the icing sugar and cocoa powder together in a bowl, add the butter and beat together. Add the melted chocolate and beat again. Add a splash of milk if needed.
- To finish, spread the top of one sponge with half the icing and put the other sponge on top. Cover the top of the cake with the remainder of the icing. Decorate with a selection of mini eggs or your favourite Easter treats!