Terms & Conditions
Please take time to read and understand our T&Cs before placing an order. Once your order is placed and a deposit is taken, it will be deemed that the terms are accepted and will apply to your order.
Cakes by Post
- Prices and Description: We have taken care in preparing the content of this website to ensure all of our bakes have been fairly described and photographed accordingly. However, the bakes may have some natural variation. All prices are as stated on the website but we reserve the right at any time to revise the price of goods without notice. It is our responsibility to supply you with goods that meet your consumer rights. If you have any concerns that we have not met our legal obligations please contact us.
- Payment Terms: All transactions by credit or debit card take place through PayPal. For more information please read their terms and conditions to see how they conduct credit card transactions.
- Delivery Information: Please click here for all Delivery Information
- Cancellations: Please call us as soon as possible after placing your order on 07809 726607 and we can see what we can do. Once your order has been baked we cannot offer a refund.
- Complaints: We take great care to ensure that all of our bakes are sent out beautifully packaged and looking delicious. In the unlikely event that you are not satisfied, please contact us straight away and we will do our best to resolve the issue. We may ask you to return them back to us, but please do so within three days of receipt, so that we can understand the problem. We get very few complaints, but when we do, we take them seriously.
- Cookies: Cookies may be used by us to provide you with a personalised browsing experience. A cookie is a small piece of information that a website can send to your browser which may then store it on your system. Cookies do not contain confidential information such as your address, telephone number or credit card details. We do not exchange cookies with any third party websites. However, If you wish, you can usually adjust your browser so that your computer does not accept cookies.
Celebration and Wedding Cakes
- Prices and Payments: The price given upon your quote is in accordance with the size and design of your cake, it is non-negotiable unless details are changed, where the price will be changed accordingly. To secure your booking a non-refundable deposit is required (amount dependent on price of cake, also if it’s a celebration or wedding cake). For wedding cakes, the validity of your quote will be for 2 months, due to the enquiry being far in advance of required date. For orders placed within 7 days of required date, the full payment will be required upon booking.Deposits are required via bank transfer. Final payments for celebration cakes can be made via same day bank transfer (which needs to be received and cleared in my account before collection) or cash on collection. For wedding cakes, final payments are preferred through bank transfer and must be made no later than 3 weeks prior to the wedding date.
- Cancellations: If you wish to cancel your order, we reserve the right to retain your deposit. If the cancellation takes place 72 hours or less prior to the event we reserve the right to seek 100% of the order value. If wedding cake cancellations occur 3 weeks or less prior to the wedding, then 100% of the value will be retained. This is to cover the costs of production of the cake. To cancel your order, you must email us, and the cancellation will take effect on the date that we receive your email. If you wish to postpone your cake to a later date, we will endeavour to transfer your order providing we have the date available, else it will be treated as a cancellation.
- Design alterations and changes: It is your responsibility to read and check the details of the design and the quote provided. Any amendments need to be made in writing. We will endeavour to adjust the design where possible, but sometimes it is not always possible to do so according to the nature of the request or the amount of notice given. If the adjustment will affect the cost, then the balance will be adjusted accordingly. We reserve the right to change the design at any point under circumstances that are beyond our control, and may compromise the finish of your cake, e.g. extreme outside temperatures which could potentially affect the stability of the cake. Each cake is made individually by hand, so there may be variations from the picture supplied. If there are parts of a certain design you would like to be the same, please state to ensure you are not disappointed if slightly different.
- Allergens/ dietary requirements: All our cakes contain wheat, dairy and eggs. Although we can remove ingredients such a nuts from a cake, all cakes are made in our kitchens where these products are used so we cannot guarantee that our cakes are completely free of certain allergen traces for people who are highly sensitive.
- Non-edible items and decorations: Most of our cakes contain small proportions of non-edible items. It is down the client to ensure that these are moved by either you, your guests or your caterer before consumption. Some example of non-edible items that may be used on your cake are support dowels in tiered cakes, ribbon, wires in flowers, flower picks, flower tape, cocktail sticks etc.
- Delivery/collection and transportation advice: Collection is available for all my celebration cakes from our homes in Knutsford and Macclesfield. We will not be held liable for any damage to the cake once is has left our premises after collection. If collecting a cake, please ensure that there is a clean and clear space prior to arrival either in the footwell or the boot. Please be aware that placing your cake on a seat, lap or uneven surface even for a small journey may affect the stability and internal structure of the cake which could cause result in irreparable damage. On hot days, it is recommended to travel with the air conditioning on or the windows open to keep the environment cool. We can deliver your cake for an additional price. We will calculate this on a pence per mile basis and add this to the quote of your order should you request delivery. For celebration and wedding cakes 3 tiers of more, We highly recommend that we deliver to the event venue as these cakes are at the most risk when transporting and we can ensure the cake is delivered, assembled and set up at the venue in perfect condition. Once the cake is delivered, we will not be held liable for any damage this is rendered to the cake at the venue once we have left the premises. With this in mind, we require somebody responsible to check that they are happy with the cake and sign a waiver before we leave.
- Wedding Cake setup: It is the client’s responsibility to ensure arrangements are made for the cake table, linen, cake stand and knife, which should all be set up prior to our arrival. Please take extra care to ensure there is a stable cake table available.
- Portion guides: The portion guides we give are intended as a guide only. The amount of servings you get will vary according to how the chef/venue cuts the cake
- Best before dates and storage instructions:Your cake is baked to ensure it is fresh for the date of your event. After this date, we cannot guarantee its quality if consumed more than 48 hours after the event. As our cakes are made with natural ingredients, they do not hold the shelf life like most supermarket cakes, which contain additives and preservatives to ensure their prolonged life. However, if you have cake left, you can freeze it to ensure its condition is retained, although the visual appearance of the icing will be affected due to condensation when defrosting. If freezing, the cake should be wrapped tightly in cling film to remove as much air as possible, then stored in an air tight container. The cake should not be refrozen after being defrosted; therefore, we recommend cutting into appropriate size portions before freezing. Food hygiene recommends that food should only be frozen for up to 3 months. If you plan on keeping any of the cake tiers, please let us know so we can leave the appropriate size boxes on site and you can then safely transport them the following day. Otherwise, all cake boxes will be removed to ensure the venue is left as tidy as possible.
- Complaints: If you have concerns about your cake, please let me know upon delivery/collection so that I am given the opportunity to rectify it in time for the event. Any other concerns should be made in writing with the evidence of the fault included. Refunds will only be given if uneaten cakes are returned and are unsuitable for consumption or not as described on the design discussed. Refunds will not be given due to change of mind.
Thank you for using Bowl & Whisk