You can’t beat a bit of isolation bakin’, so here is our recipe for… Banana and chocolate Chunk loaf
- 115g butter
- 2 very ripe bananas (about 200g total peeled weight)
- 150g light muscavdo sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 225g self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp milk
- 75g chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Grease and line a 2lb loaf tin
- Mash the bananas in a bowl with a fork. Put the butter, sugar, eggs, flour, baking powder and milk into a large bowl or electric mixer, and beat for together for approx 1 minute (or 2 minutes with a wooden spoon!). Add the banana and beat for 30 seconds or until mixed in. Stir in the chocolate chunks. Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and level the top.
- Bake for about 1 hour, or until well risen and golden brown. To see if the loaf is done, insert a fine skewer into the middle, it should come out clean.
- Leave to cool and enjoy!